• The person will be the Head of Finance for Yellow, the fast-growing retail division of Beximco. Yellow consists of 14 stores in Bangladesh. Plans include opening more stores in Bangladesh and Pakistan, and expansion to other regions including South East Asia and the Middle East.
• Yellow is under Beximco Textiles Division, the South-East Asia`s largest vertically integrated Yarn, Fabric (Woven, Knit, Denims) & Garments Manufacturing capacities with state-of-the art set up, which has been supplying a wide range of world-class RMGs to many up-market buyers/brands in the USA and Europe for more than a decade.
Job Description / Responsibility
• The incumbent should have the hands-on experience in the following functions:
• Financial accounting and reporting
• Prepare monthly and annual financial statements including P & L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements. Include analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget.
• Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts for presentation to top management and Beximco financial team
• Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
• Reconcile bank and investment accounts
• Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
• Forecasting and planning:
• Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with Executive Director and Beximco Finance team
• Work with Merchandising Team to prepare production plans and raw material procurement schedules.
• Work with Marketing Team to prepare Marketing Plan and monitor marketing expenses
• Project management accounting
• Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with vendors and Beximco civil works department
• Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
• Information technology and auditing
• Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization’s financial requirements
• Ensure that web-based reports are accurate and work with vendors to fix as required
• Ensure that customer offers and promotions such as loyalty-card based reward systems and discount offers are executed according to policy without fraud and cheating
• Taxes, Leases and Contracts administration:
• Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
• Ensure the timely reporting and payment of all taxes including Floor VAT, Sales VAT and other taxes.
Should have at least Masters and Hons in Finance & Accounts. CA or CMA qualified/ partly qualified will be preferred .
• At least 10 year(s)
• The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Accounts, Finance, Audit, Tax (VAT/ Customs Duty/ Income Tax), Cash Management
• The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
• Age At least 35 year(s)
• Only males are allowed to apply.
Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
Send Your CV through BDJobs Online Application System
or by regular mail to:
Head of Human Resources Department
Beximco Textiles Division
BEL Tower, House # 19, Road # 1, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1205