• For the team of our German-Bangladesh Higher Education Network for Sustainable Textiles project, we seek applications from suitable candidates for a position of “Management Assistant”.
• Programme Outline:
• The German-Bangladesh Higher Education Network for Sustainable Textiles (HEST) targets the textile and garment sector with the objective of enhancing the capacities of study programmes to include sustainability issues and responsible business practices as well as fostering applied research. The network will facilitate joint projects between the unversities of both countries. Furhtermore will the prgramme offer applied training for managers and promote collaboration between academics and the garment industry on sustainability issues.
• The key intervention areas are:
• Improving academic quality
• Through curricula upgrading and improved teaching capacities of public and private universities the study programmes will offer enhanced lessons of didactics, technical knowledge, practical skills in responding to the needs of the garment sector.
• Boosting applied research
• German and Bangladeshi universities will undertake joint research projects to address sustainability issues of the industry.
• Enhancing management capacities
• Training for industry practitioners to upgrade their skills in leadership of responsible business practice in the area of social and environmental standards.
• About the job:
• Contract duration: Until June 2019
Job Description / Responsibility
• A Management Assistant shall work closely with Programme Coordinator to provide support on the following:
• Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing on paper and DMS;
• screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
• Assists in setting up and maintaining a filing system in project office
• Assist in travel administration and preparation for the project;
• Organising and attending meetings, workshops and ensuring the Programme Coordinator is well prepared for meetings;
• Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority
• Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
• Dealing with incoming correspondence, often corresponding on behalf of the Programme Coordinator;
• Creates and maintains a database of contacts (persons and institutions) as needed
• Writing meeting minutes
• Carrying out background research and creating presentation slides;
• Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
• Liaising with other projects, government partners and stakeholder
• Assist in budgeting of activities/events
• Assist in monitoring work plans
• Assist in workshop preparation and documentation
• Assist in communicate with government and stakeholders
• Coordinates/assists arrangements for specific missions related to the project
• Maintains an absence list for project staff
• Keeps information confidential,
• Other Task: Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and tasks, as assigned
University degree in business administration (BBA) or any other relevant field
• 2 to 3 year(s)
• Maximum 2 – 3 years of professional experience in admin and or management assistant and project related context.
• Experience in development organizations will be an added advantage
• Good drafting and reporting skills, proficient in English, good knowledge of Bangla
• Other Qualifications:
• Command of the English language, both oral and written
• Intuitive problem solving skills
• Proficient in computer and internet based applications
• Documentation and report writing skills
• Communication and organizational skills
• Interpersonal skills with team playing aptitude and trustworthy
• Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail, internet and its software)
We only accept electronic applications.
If you meet the above requirements, you can apply through the link below from 9 am to 6:00 pm on working
If you face any technical difficulties while applying for this position in the above mentions time, please contact us at this email address email@example.com
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated according to the merit and with strict confidentiality.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and impaired persons are especially encouraged to apply and they will be selected in case of equal qualification with other candidates.
Application Deadline : Apr 2, 2017