• Contingent on award
• Job Location – Bangladesh
• Duration: 5 year period beginning October 2017
Job Description / Responsibility
• Position Summary:
• SNV currently seeks a Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Expert for a USAID-funded Feed the Future Multi-Sectoral Nutrition program in Bangladesh. The goal of the project is to improve nutrition and health in key vulnerable areas by focusing on community sanitation and improved feeding practices with a focus on children under five, pregnant and lactating women and adolescents in the south west region of Bangladesh.
• The Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Expert will work closely and collaboratively with the senior project team and will be primarily responsible for ensuring that strategies to increase the use of improved sanitation facilities and improve hygiene behaviors are technically sound, up-to-date, of proven efficiency, and able to be implemented in local settings. S/he will ensure development of detailed implementation plans, collection of appropriate baseline and monitoring data, as needed, clear process and impact indicators, and effective project monitoring and evaluation procedures to ensure accountability and make improvements in people’s lives. The Expert will also guarantee timely and accurate donor reporting as well as seek to continuously improve programs and initiate new project implementation.
Education, preferably post-graduate education (master’s degree) in respective sectoral fields, and at least 8 years of relevant experience in Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH);
• At least 8 year(s)
• Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in sanitation and hygiene;
• Demonstrated knowledge and background in community mobilization and engagement;
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations;
• Experience relevant to integration of guiding principles of gender, youth and private sector engagement.
• Familiarity and understanding of USAID policies and procedures, or those of other donors, or those of donor-funded projects or community-based projects;
• Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communications skills is required;
• Demonstrated ability to implement effective behavior change related to improving household sanitation access, water and hygiene; and
• Extensive work experience in Bangladesh (local candidates strongly encouraged to apply).
Please submit your cover letter including your salary requirements and resume (resume to be no more than 3 pages) in one pdf file by March 15, 2017 to: email@example.com
SNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SNV encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.
Application Deadline : Mar 15, 2017