Job Description / Responsibility
The Junior SoftwareProgrammer will be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as developing new technologies. The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment. He should be a leader who will be able to carry on all projects assigned to the software team as well as to his work load
In essence the specific roles of the Junior Software Programmer are as follows
Duties and Responsibilities (For both positions)
• Develop new Web applications as identified by supervisor and management through packaged and customised applications.
• Study, analyze, code, develop and implement web applications according to specifications and standards.
• Maintain and enhance existing Web applications and all internal systems.
• Perform complete testing of Web applications and necessary software.
• Conduct all user acceptances testing, and report results.
• Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use.
• Develop database-driven Web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
• Develop external Web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information.
• Candidate must be a team player and willing to teach and to learn.
• Provide application training/ explanation for Users.
• Implement the E-learning System: Moodle, Recommendation for future LMS.
• Ensure integration of Google Apps: API Integration, G-mail User Monitoring, Training of Users etc.
• Establish Outsourcing: Software Development, Linkage with industries, student project enhancement.
• Develop the UMS University Management System Data Migration and correction errors.
• Perform duties as assigned by the management of the University/firm/company
Skills / Attributes Required
• The ideal applicant will be conversant with JSP, ASP.NET 3.5+ or PHP (we are looking for candidates with solid skills and experience in any of these languages.
• Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
• Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organisational, and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of OOP.
BSc. Degree/ Diploma in IT or equivalent
1 to 2 year(s)
The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Additional Job Requirements
• The ideal person will have an excellent grasp of spelling and be able to help avoid grammatical mistakes that is he/she must have a good command of English, both reading and writing.
• Be able to deliver a succinct and effective design of IT infrastructure
• Always be able to think and deliver what works best for the consumer and not to be leading off into an innovation that simply will not work.
• Be able to listen to what the brief is, comprehend it and question it if so required.
• Be able to ensure quality and error checking is a priority.
• Pleasant personality, self-motivated, able to work independently and team work.
• Familiarity with web development regulations
• Be able to meet deadlines
• Good organisational skills
• Be innovative and reliable
Further to these activities, the candidate needs to be:
– Ensure the data migration of the existing UMS within 15-20 days.
– Make the UMIS or ERP fully functional and free of errors within 2-3 months.
– Develop a HR and payroll system.
– Implement the elearning system and provide necessary ideas for implementation.
– Implement an accounting system within the organization
Interested applicants are requested to send their detailed CV along with an application for the position sought, one copy of recent Photograph, attested photocopies of all academic certificate, mark sheets and transcripts to the HR Manager, ITS BD Ltd. at: email@example.com