Job Description / Responsibility
• Location: Bangladesh
• Department: Agriculture & Enterprise
• Reports To: Senior Director of Agriculture & Enterprise
• POSITION SUMMARY:
• Winrock International is currently recruiting Deputy Chief of Party (Technical) candidates for the anticipated Feed the Future Bangladesh Aquaculture and Nutrition Activity. This will be a multi-year, $24.5 million project contributing to improved rural household income and nutrition by increasing aquaculture productivity, strengthening the aquaculture value chain and improving the awareness and adoption of nutrition-related behaviors of rural households. The project will take a market-focused, private sector-led approach that will ensure the sustainability of the activity beyond the cessation of donor funding. This approach involves developing the capacity of private sector actors such as hatchery owners, nursery owners, fish fingerling hawkers, and feed dealers so that they are able to continue to develop the capacity of farmers following the end of the project. The Deputy Chief of Party position will be based in Bangladesh and is subject to a project award being made to Winrock International.
• MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will work closely with the COP and Component Leads to implement the project`s technical vision.
• The DCOP will play a lead role in ensuring the integration of the project`s main components: Increased Productivity of Aquaculture Ponds; Strengthened Aquaculture Value Chain; and Improved Nutritional Status of Rural Households.
• He/she will manage relationships with private sector partners, Government of Bangladesh counterparts, and other key stakeholders.
• The DCOP will oversee the project`s learning agenda, and Collaborative, Learning and Adaptive Management approach.
Advanced degree in business, finance, agribusiness, aquaculture, agricultural economics or related field.
At least 10 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
• Minimum of 10 years of progressively senior experience on USAID or donor funded market-systems/value chain projects;
• Minimum 5 years experience as a Team Leader/Component Director on an equivalently size contract or cooperative agreement, preferably in the aquaculture/fisheries sector;
• Demonstrated experience implementing aquaculture/fisheries activities, including proven networks within the private sector;
• Experience within or specific to Bangladesh required;
• Proven record of achieving development impact in projects focusing on food safety and export quality standards in commercial agribusiness, service provision, market development and investment promotion.
• Skills & Knowledge:
• Demonstrated experience and leadership in the formation of market linkages, supply of technical assistance and inputs to smallholder producers, creating producer-market linkages, public-private partnerships and corresponding business/investment plans
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Excellent budget management skills for large, complex projects
Send your CV to email@example.com