Job Description / Responsibility
• Work with the program staff to draw up action plans for effective implementation of the program.
• Work closely with the stakeholders, policy makers, NGOs and concerned business body in regards to create employment opportunity of the persons with disabilities.
• Planning, implementing, monitoring, review & managing program activities.
• Coordinate regular & other meetings and discuss any issue and resolve them in order to achieve the program &organizational objectives.
• Keep General Secretary & the EC members of BVIPS updated about relevant matters concerning the organization, program/projects.
• Regular field visit and direct interaction with persons with disabilities is required for successful implementation of BVIPS program.
• Establish effective networking with disability, education, CBR, health & rights based organizations/forums (GO-NGO) and also with donors.
• Strictly follow the logical framework/ project planning matrix/ MOU/agreement & programmatic & financial guidelines to achieve both the quantitative & qualitative objectives & targets.
• Be an advocate to promote the rights of persons with disabilities, particularly visually impaired persons and take initiatives to promote the rights of children & women with visual impairment.
• Liaise with the private sector to promote employment & skill development opportunities for educated & illiterate, rural &urban people with disabilities.
• Ensure that all project documentation and reports are made available in timely and accessible method.
• Support BVIPS set-up, review yearly/ quarterly and monthly performance targets, work plans and generate, analysis and use data to promote the objectives of the project.
Post-graduation in any relevant field from any reputed university.
• 1 to 2 year(s)
• The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Administrative, Program Officer/Manager, Project Coordinator/ Officer
• At least 2 years of working experience in relevant field
• Will have the ability to lead the team to achieve organization’s objective;
• Technically sound on rights and movement of persons with disabilities and designing campaigns;
• Knowledge and understanding ability on Government systems and its activities on disability field particularly for the persons with visual impairment;
• Strategic decision making ability;
• Negotiation skill, motivational skill, team building skill are required;
• Should be gender & disability sensitive.
• Ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines;
• Good interpersonal & computer skills;
• Good communication and report writing skills both in English and Bangla;
• Good IT knowledge & ability to work with MS officer package (word, excel, power-point) and good command in Bangla typing.
Special Instruction: Persons with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply according to instructions: Last date of application: 10 October, 2016
Please send the Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mention the name of the position applied for in subject of the e-mail Attach a cover letter justifying your suitability (please address to General Secretary)