World Vision Bangladesh (WVB) advocacy initiatives are implementing country wide, focusing on national level impact; however, each advocacy initiative was considered based on the current context and priority areas. Hence, WVB`s focus groups are the most vulnerable children including children facing various child rights & protection issues (e.g. child labor, child trafficking and child marriage, inclusive education), malnutrition, preventable disease, along with children belong to the indigenous communities, children with disability, most vulnerable women and the victim of climate change as well as urban slums dwellers. WVB is working through three principle approaches: (a) Public advocacy through a campaign model; (b) Citizen mobilization model expressed in the Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) model; and (c) Policy influence model, based on successful WVB programs for national government uptake and implementation, known as TD+.
Job Description / Responsibility
• Develop an advocacy strategy following TPs and advocacy campaigns;
• Develop guidance documents in consultation with key stakeholders;
• Field operations are able to integrate advocacy strategy into activities in their DIP, ITT and work plan;
• Timely and accurate Advocacy monthly narrative reports;
• Program expense within budget;
• Set clear performance expectations of staff;
• Direct report have updated job descriptions;
• At least 70% of staff’s individual learning plan achieved;
• At least once a month coaching of staff;
• At least 80% of work plan/goals of staff are achieved;
• Advocacy unit able to meet 80% of annual goals and within time schedule;
• Direct reports have internalized and integrated WV vision, mission and values in their work;
• At least 30 % field visit conducted to monitor and support progress;
• Approved WV Bangladesh policies and procedures related to advocacy;
• Strong collaboration with different department & global center Policy and Advocacy network;
• Promotion of importance and role of advocacy in WVB;
• Aligned advocacy strategies aligned with WV Vision, Mission, Core Values;
• WVB managers able to understand and contribute to research development on key issues and concerns;
• Number of workshops/orientations/training conducted;
• Field staff able to engage and raise awareness of partner communities;
• Field staffs know and understand key government policies related to key advocacy issues and processes;
• Level of grassroots awareness and participation in ADPs on key advocacy issues and implement independently;
• Number of government policies related to Child rights & child protection/wellbeing, child marriage, child labour, corporal punishment, trafficking and violence against children, Children in DRR & hunger, SDGs etc. that were positively influenced by WV;
• Number of positively influenced ratified government policy related to Child rights, Child protection/well being, child labour, trafficking etc…that WV has been part of;
• Number of justice issues presented and supported in the judicial courts by using referral sources;
• Number of campaign leading at national and international level;
• Number of grant project submitted to the donor and awarded for advocacy work;
• Percentage of time allocated for child safety net project, Dhaka Child labour project and also ADP design;
• Number of evidence impacted towards WVB’s position at higher level;
• Number of developed collaborative relationships with senior level policy makers and government ministers, INGO, NGO, UN agencies, local NGOs, churches, educational institutions and other civil society groups;
• Lead agency in Bangladesh NGO Policy and Advocacy network;
• Number of researches conducted and report on key advocacy issues;
• Number of papers and publications developed by WV Bangladesh as tools and information to advocate issues;
• WV recognized as a lead NGO in creating positive policy change;
• Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values in the approach to work and relationships.
• Bachelor degree in Development Studies or Human Rights or International Relations or Political Science or Governance & Public Policy, or related field is essential.
• Master’s degree in Development Studies, Human Rights, Int’l Relations or related field is preferred.
• At least 5 year(s)
• The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
• The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
• Age 33 to 53 year(s)
• Understand holistic and transformational development;
• Government policies related to key advocacy issues;
• Proven management and leadership ability;
• Effective Communication skills;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Proven experience as a team player;
• Demonstrated collaboration & team building skills;
• Understand advocacy theory, process and practice;
• Strong political awareness and judgment;
• Proven ability to write and produce publications;
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• At least 5 years’ experience in poverty, justice and/or rights issues related policy and advocacy work;
• At least 3 years of experience in leadership position;
• World Vision experience;
• Cross cultural experience;
• 30% travel is expected;
• Must be able to interact with a diverse groups.
Being a child-focused organization, World Vision has the responsibility to ensure safety & protection of the children while they come in contact with the staff; accordingly all the recruits will go through specific checks and compliance procedures in accordance to its Child Protection Policy. Persons with a history of child rights and child protection violation are discouraged to apply.
World Vision Bangladesh is part of World Vision International whose headquarters is based Monrovia CA, 91016, USA. We are not affiliated to World Vision Health Organization (House-251, Road-3, Baridhara, DOHS, Dhaka-1206) and World Vision Development Society (16/1, Block-B, Babar Road, Shaymoli, Mohammadpur, Dhaka-1207).
Our Careers website is https://careers.wvi.org
Female are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
No hard copy of CV is allowed.