The position is based in Dhaka, Moghbazar, BDRCS HQ.
Job Description / Responsibility
The Field Officer (FO) will be responsible to support the Project Officer BDRCS to manage and carry out all activities according to the operational plan and the project objectives defined in the logframe. The FO will supervise the two Line Officers (ULOs) of Gazipur and Dhaka Unit of BDRCS, five Community Facilitators, Child Care Takers and Red Crescent Youth Volunteers (RCY). He monitors the project activities on a regular basis and is responsible for a timely and qualitatively high reporting to his Line Manager (Project Officer BDRCS) and the SRC Health Manager. The FO will liaise with ULOs, RCY, Ward Councillors/Municipalities, WASA, skill development institutions, schools and any other relevant stakeholders for the project. He will be responsible to follow-up the activities, organise and supervise training programmes and workshops for Community Facilitators, RCY and community based organisations.
Graduate degree from a reputed University, preferably in Public Health/Social Sciences or Urban Studies
• 3 to 5 year(s)
• Age At most 45 year(s)
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in managing community development activities – preferably in the urban context, with a good understanding of slums, urban health and water and sanitation programme (preferably in NGOs/development agencies/government)
• Good verbal and written Bangla and English language skills (experience of writing reports in English is a must)
• Ability to prioritise own workload and to work independently and to follow deadlines
• Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
• Excellent motivational, and leadership skills
• Ability to use word processing software (Ms Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint)
• Commitment to humanitarian principles, to gender policies and to the Red Cross/Red Crescent Principles
• Willingness to travel in the field at short notices
• Must have a valid driver’s licence and willing to ride motor cycles
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements should submit application with a detailed CV including experience to firstname.lastname@example.org to the Health Delegate, Swiss Red Cross, House 35, Road 117, Gulshan 1, Dhaka -1212 on or before 25 December 2016. The application should include career objective and rational for applying for this position. Only short listed qualified candidates will be called for a whole day interview within January 2017.
Application Deadline : Dec 25, 2016