SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Based in Dakha, the Head of Mission (M/F) provides the overall leadership and strategic direction of SIF operations in Bangladesh.
· To follow up SIF official registration process with the relevant national authorities
· To represent SIF, coordinate and advocate on key issues with local and national authorities, UN agencies, donors and INGOs
· To develop funding strategy and donor mapping analysis
Leadership of the Country Program
· To coordinate and manage the overall planning and direction of SIF operations in the country,
· To develop and maintain a coherent strategy that contributes to SIF global objectives,
· To monitor the emergency humanitarian situation in the country and advise HQs
· To assess and respond as necessary to changes in the external environment ensuring these changes are reflected in the country strategy and project plans.
· To regularly analyze the context risks, operational access issues and availability of resources, in relation to the program objectives,
· To address the feasibility of existing SIF proposal and realign them in light of the field assessment findings
· To create and advance appropriate partnership with Ministries, INGO’s and UN agencies
· To assess the donor environment and opportunities for funding, and ensure concept notes and proposal are developed (according to SIF institutional strategy) and submitted in due time,
· To supervise the planning and monitoring of projects activities, and outputs projects logframes, timesframes and budgets.
· To supervise the internal and external reporting (financial and narrative) for SIF and institutional donors
Staff management / Human Resources
· To recruit the SIF Bangladesh team and provide leadership and management to the team
· To ensure that SIF HR policies, terms and conditions are applied
· To ensure compliance of operations with local law including NGO law, tax, employment, Health and Safety, Insurance and any other applicable law
· To organize and supervise capacity building and development of national staff
· To ensure that appropriate logistics structures and procedures are established and/ or are maintained in accordance with the SIF guidelines,
Safety and security management
· To ensure that a safety and security framework for SIF operations is developed, communicated, adhered to and regularly reviewed
· To monitor the security context (including participating in local/national INGO/ UN security meetings) and act on any deterioration in this that could affect operations and provide guidance to team/sites as required
Administration and Finance
· To be responsible for all financial management related to the budget provided by both SIF and institutional donors,
· To ensure that appropriate administrative and financial guidelines and procedures are established regularly, maintained/updated
The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive and is evolving according to the needs of the organization. Being an association with limited resources, versatility and flexibility are necessary in order to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional.
The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with it job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
Minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Country Director, Deputy Country Director or Chief of Party with INGOS in similar context
Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving, and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical action plans
Extensive experience of securing substantial external funding.
Successful experience in managing multi-sector programs especially WASH, FSL, NFI, Protection and cash-based interventions
Extensive knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing
Knowledge and understanding of project management tools
Strong leadership skill, with excellent written and spoken English
Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
Experience in fundraising and public relations, as well as in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities and international institutions;
Confiden t and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially word and excel
Excellent communication and networking skills. Capacity to develop strong and fruitful relationships with key national and international stakeholders.
Being an association with limited means, versatility and flexibility are necessary in order to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional.
The employee may be affected to perform other tasks in accordance with it job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
Duration : 12 months
French fixed term contract “CDD d’usage”
Remuneration according to profile
Monthly Per diem, Guesthouse
Medical cover (60% cover by SIF and 40% covered by the expatriate);
R&R every at 3 and 9 month
Return plane ticket supported by SIF for leave at 6 month **
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter to: https://secours-islamique-fr.jobs.net/job/chef-de-mission-h-f/J3S81M6DJG…
Secours Islamique France diversity is a wealth;
We will study every application with required skills for the position.