We are seeking an intern who is results-oriented and self-motivated student who has just completed his/her studies and waiting for the graduation. The selected candidate will contribute to various publication and multi-media publications designs for the Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (CSISA) Phase III project in Bangladesh. You can learn more about CSISA at http://csisa.org/. The intern selected will contribute desktop designing of a number of publications and training materials to improve farm productivity, food security, and income generation in cereal based production systems. CSISA activities are in close collaboration with government and private sector partners, as well as NGOs.The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org The internship will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh and will work closely with the Communications Officer in the country office. His/her major role is to conceptualise and drafting designs using desktop publishing/design software. This is a paid internship.
Job Description / Responsibility
• Conceptualizing visual design of publications and training materials.
• Drafting the visual design with minimum supervision.
• Accommodating comments, making revisions, and finalizing a design for publication.
• Communicating with printers and others to assure publication and distribution of publications.
• Ensuring time bound output.
Minimum bachelor’s course completed in a relevant field is required. If bachelor’s degree is not yet in hand, applicants should be in the last year of their studies. Relevant fields include but are not limited to English, Journalism, Graphics design, Agricultural Study and Marketing.
• Hands on experience on desktop designing (especially with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop).
• Spoken and written fluency in English and Bengali.
• Graphical design conceptualising skills.
• Good sense of colour and visual layout for print media.
• Demonstrated understanding of agriculture in the Bangladeshi and/or regional context.
• Experience with video production and scripting are beneficial.
• Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of colleagues to build cooperative relationships.
• Excellent networking, interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and with only limited supervision.
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and CV no later than Friday 16 December 2016 to Human Resources, CIMMYT. Please indicate Position Name in the subject of your email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
Send your CV to CIM-Recruitment-BD@cgiar.org