Job Description / Responsibility
• Business/ Policies/ Strategies alignment:
• Oversees the operations of a Feed Mill and develop strategies to increase production at minimal costs, ensure maximum utilization of human resource, and machinery;
• Developing efficiency strategies to ensure the plant meets production goals;
• Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus;
• Ensure that rules, regulations, policies and guidelines are being disseminated among the employees of all level throughout the division and monitor that these are properly followed and maintained.
• Relationship / People Management:
• Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage, and develop plant staffs;
• Ensure of having an appropriate manpower planning for each and every work stations thus the factory should have an appropriate overall manpower planning;
• Prepare succession plans for all key employees and ensure senior management is aware of timing and implications of potential changes in key management positions.
• Ensure that the appropriate job descriptions are prepared and provided to the employees in coordination with the line managers and monitor to keep the same updated on regular basis.
• Leadership / Performance Management:
• Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets;
• Provide necessary advice, guidance and methods to the line managers to enable them to conduct and complete yearly performance appraisals of employees as per the policies of the division and within the set time frame.
• Counseling & Grievance Handling:
• Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements as per the policies of the company;
• Counseling of de-motivated/ dissatisfied/ Outgoing employees, finding out the reason responsible for and recommending the steps for eliminating the grievances.
• Training & Development:
• Ensure Training Need Assessment as well as identifying the field of development for the management;
• plan and implement training and developments programs to meet identified needs and satisfy the company’s requirement for an effective and multi-skilled workforce.
• Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
B.Sc degree in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Power Engineering with MBA which will add value to the potential candidates.
• 10 to 12 year(s)
• The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Engineering, Maintenance, Production, Quality, R & D, Store/Inventory
• The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Agro based firms (incl. Agro Processing/Seed/GM), Cement Industry, Food (Packaged)/Beverage, Manufacturing (FMCG), Multinational Companies, Pharmaceuticals, Poultry, Tobacco
• Age 37 to 45 year(s)
• Only males are allowed to apply.
• Need to have 03-05 years of working experience as a Plant Manager;
• Proven leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to both work collaboratively and to influence outcomes;
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills that can be used with people of various backgrounds, experience, and education levels;
• Demonstrated presentation skills and training delivery skills;
• Computer skills e.g. MS Office, E-mail correspondence are essential;
• A critical thinker and problem solver;
• Proven knowledge of business and management principles ( like budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources);
• Familiarity with industry standard equipments and technical expertise;
• Ability to create accountability and to lead by example;
• Strong team building, decision – making and people management skills.
The candidates meeting the above mentioned criteria are requested to send their updated resume with a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position applied for must be mentioned in the subject line of the e-mail.