Job Description / Responsibility
• Project name: Sustainable and Responsible Actions for Making Industries Care (SRAMIC), Implemented by Songshoptaque
• The overall objective of the project is to promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth through the realisation of the decent work agenda for garment, leather and tannery workers in the two largest cities Dhaka and Chittagong in Bangladesh
• Report to: Chief Executive
• Job Summary:
• The Project Coordinator is an integral member of the project team and will be responsible for directing, organizing and managing project activities. His/her principal responsibility will be carrying out project activities according to project action plan, ensuring appropriate training for workers/Trade Union leaders/activists, establishing workers cafe as required, preparing periodic report, and developing IEC materials.
• Monitor, supervise and lead project team to carry out day-to day activities with supportive manner;
• preparing periodic action plan and budget and also ensured its implementation;
• take lead to design and roll out campaigns
• developing team activity plan as well as outline and take lead for advocacy and lobbying;
• track the progress and quality of work being performed by designed project plan;
• Produce quality report and maintain deadline (monthly, quarterly and annually) in submission of report;
• mobilising and networking with worker’s organization (both factory and national level organization) mainly relating to garments and tannery sector;
• maintaining strong liaison with worker’s organization, employers organizations, regulatory authorities, government agencies etc.;
• oversee the project activities developing M&E tools and apply it accordingly;
• carry out need assessment and other surveys as required within the project;
• oversee the overall activities in conducting training and preparing report as required;
• documentation of project documents and meeting minutes;
• maintaining regular coordination with donor organization, workers forums and other stakeholders and keep them informed about project status;
• developing partnerships and collaborative arrangements with other organizations and stakeholders and maintaining regular communication with government agencies and other likeminded organizations;
• preparing IEC materials as well as campaign brief like brochure, leaflet, fact sheet, Keynote paper etc.
Graduate/post graduate in any subject of Social Science from a well reputed university
• 5 to 7 year(s)
• 3 years’ experience on project management
• 5-7 years working experience in development sector
• Understanding on labor rights, gender and human rights and working experience in the field of labor rights will be added advantage
• Good interaction capacity will be preferred
• Knowledge on ToT and IEC materials
• Good command in Bangla and English
• Minimum 4 year(s) in the field of human rights/development
• Working experience on labour rights issue and comprehensive understanding on
• Good command in MS Office, internet and other IT applications
• Maintaining EC funded project will be regard as an added advantage.
Interested persons are requested to apply with a complete resume with contact telephone number and a copy of one recent passport size photograph. Applications should be sent to: The Chief Executive, Songshoptaque, Nishorgo Nirjhor, 9 Enayet Bazar, Kotowali, Chittagong, Bangladesh. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 20, 2016.
Note: Please mention the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.