• `Reaching out of School Children (ROSCll)` project is implemented by a National NGO Community Participation and Development (CPD) in 6 Upazillas of Bangladesh. The project is supported by World Bank, Directorate of Primary education and Save the Children International. The implementing organizations CPD is seeking to fill the above position for its vocational training centre at Saghata of Gaibandha district.
• Reports to : Program In Charge
• Duty station : Saghata, Gaibandha
• Job summary: This position will be responsible for leading the overall project management, financial monitoring and day to day project coordination in line with DPEand Save the Children International
Job Description / Responsibility
• Project Management, developing work plan, follow up and monitoring project implementation process.
• Staff management to ensure effective and efficient project implementationand provide necessary technical support to staff and project.
• Prepare and ensure all program reports as per ROSC and SCI guideline
• Ensure running of Technical Vocational Education & Training (TVET) centres as per project implementation guideline
• Organise and facilitate local and national level events including advocacy and assessment initiatives and ensure participation from relevant agencies and stakeholders.
• Facilitating visits of all internal and external project visitors
• Coordinating and ensuring the development of all visibility, awareness raising and advocacy material with the support of Program In charge.
• Ensure that donor communication, administration and finance unit have all necessary information to provide their project support.
• Responsible for overall coordination, communication and networking building withformal and informalcompanies.
• Facilitate job placement of trained youth in relevant companies with decent and age appropriate job.
• Ensure accountability of project implementation at all level.
• Field visit to ensure trainee attendance in training centre.
• Keep the supervising Program In charge updated on all necessary and important project processes and issues.
• Monitoring and Reporting on project implementation progress (narrative) according to ROSC and SCI guidelines and regulations.
Educational qualification must be Master in Social Science (MSS), Electric/ Electronic, Textile Engineer or relevant subject
• At least 5 year(s)
• A minimum of 5 years working experience of project management & implementation in a National development organization as a Manager/ Project Coordinator on private sector and child labour issue
• Experience on Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) program implementation.
• Strong reporting and monitoring skills in line with requirements of institutional donors
• Working experience with government and relevant stakeholders to ensure the project implementation issues.
• Experience to organize national level event, workshop, seminar and developing awareness raising and advocacy materials.
• High proficiency in English and Bengali, both spoken and written and good communication skills.
• Computer literacy at advanced level with the MS Word 2007 Office package.
• Commitment and understanding of organizational aims, values, principlesand policies
Applying procedure and mailing address:
If you are interested in the position, please send your cover letter along with CV to the below address:
Human Resource In Charge
Community Participation and Development (CPD)
1/F, North Adabor, Ring Road,Shyamoli, Mohammadpur, Dhaka 1207
N.B. Please write the position applied for on the top of the envelope and please don’t attach any other papers (certificates and others) with your CV. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview. Any sort of persuasion will be treated as disqualification of the candidate.