• Reports to: Head of Program
• Nature of Job: Full time
• Level: Mid-level position
• Job Context:
• ICCO Cooperation is a leading INGO working for securing sustainable livelihoods and justice & dignity for all in Bangladesh since 1972 and also has innovative interventions in more than 42 countries since 196.
• In Bangladesh, ICCO is implementing comprehensive development program, disaster management and climate change, food and nutrition security, responsible business, inclusive market and value chain development related projects for the poor and vulnerable community. In addition Strategic Partnership Convening and Convincing (SPCC) project is also important project that are implemented by national and International NGOs with close support of Dutch consortium partners. In Bangladesh SPCC is working in 3 pathways; (1) Political Space for CSOs on land and labor rights, (2) Realizing the right to adequate food and nutrition and (3) Small-producers empowerment and inclusive markets.
• The Project Manager is mid-level position and will be responsible to assist Head of Programs to implement the assigned projects specially SPCC program. S/he will be responsible for close coordination with the implementing partners and provide strategic directions to implement the projects by using technical skill and knowledge. S/he will be also responsible a strong team member for designing the new projects/concept for fundraising of the organization.
• Working Conditions:
• Although this position is Dhaka based position, assuming 30-40% time will be spent in project operation areas for field visit and other purposes as required by ICCO.
• Working days from Sunday to Thursday with 40 hours per week. This position may be required to work some overtime hours to attend meetings such as the Annual Audit.
• Any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
• Assist to implement other projects of ICCO.
• Yearly renewable the contract based on fund availability and performance.
• Key contacts:
• Head of Programs, Nijerakori (NK), Civil Society Alliance for Scaling Up Nutrition (CSA-SUN)/ Concern Worldwide, Helvetas Swiss Inter-cooperation (HIS), CSOs, Public and Private Sectors, Monitoring, Finance, Admin and Procurement units of ICCO, etc.
Job Description / Responsibility
• Responsibility # 1: Coordinate with implementing partners to design, guidance and implantation:
• Provide strategic and technical support to implementing partners for the qualitative support for the target community.
• Develop detailed implementing plan (DIP) and budget to achieve the goal.
• Assist to develop contract/MoU with implementing partners and CSOs.
• Play the vital role to design and redesign of the project activities based on ICCO global office and donors’ requirements.
• Maintain liaison and networking with public, private sectors, service providers and CSOs.
• Provide technical guidance to the field staff for timely delivery the project activities.
• Responsibility # 2: Contract, Coordination, Networking and Documentation :
• Assist to prepare the contract of implementing partners’ contracts and amendments, as needed
• Assist for accounting and tracking implementing partners’ payments as needed
• Maintain regular coordination with the implementing partners in Dhaka and regional level to ensure supports to projects.
• Establish strong working relationships with all consortium members and implementing partners.
• Establish networking relationships with the national, division and district levels other partner organizations/CSOs.
• Attend the meeting and contribute in different forum like food clusters, market development forum, etc.
• Responsibility # 3: Conduct Capacity Development Initiatives for the partner organizations and CSOs:
• Asses the training needs of the partners staff as per project’s needs.
• Assist to develop training materials and arrange ToT and basic training for project staff.
• Ensure data quality by using both quantitative and qualitative tools and techniques.
• Assist to document evidence and capture practical experience from field.
• Provide on the job training, coaching and mentoring support for partner organization’s staff.
• Capacity building of CSO for lobby and advocacy program of ICCO.
• Responsibility # 4: Strengthen the field operations:
• Implementation guideline development of the assigned projects.
• Provide technical guidance to strengthen partnership activities
• Supervise and support the team to implement the effective activity according to budget.
• Formulate and implement advocacy strategies with support of senior management and partner organizations.
• Facilitate/organize advocacy events at local, regional and national level.
• Engage government-private sectors and CSO’s actors including media personnel to cover stories as and when required.
• Prepare periodic progress report on projects initiatives.
• Close coordinate with different stakeholders and organize different round table discussion, workshop, seminar, etc with support of implementing partners.
• Provide necessary managerial supports in organizing different events of the project at the national, divisional and district levels.
• Responsibility # 5: Desk Review, Monitoring and Reporting:
• Monitor partnership activities in line with agreed contact with respective technical and implementing partners and provide necessary guidance to overcome the challenges.
• Desk review of partners activity reports with finance and share findings with Head of Programs.
• Conduct and coordinate regular monitoring covering operational issues (finance and compliance), capacity strengthening and overall partnership at field level.
• Review of monitoring reports from partners and give feedbacks.
• Ensure effective documentation and dissemination on activities and learning across partners.
• Document on implementing partners activities and prepare the qualitative and quantitative report regularly.
• Responsibility # 6: Contribute to develop new project and concept note for fundraising:
• Review the call for proposal and find out the key elements for the call.
• Participate and contribute to the development of concepts and proposals for fund raising and ensure follow up is made to potential donors in the process.
• Documents of ICCO’s strengthen and assist to present different forum, INGOs and donors.
Master’s degree in a relevant subject, preferably Development Study, Agriculture Marketing, Nutrition, Agriculture Economics, Economics, Public Relations.
• At least 7 year(s)
• At least 7 years’ experience within the area of inclusive market and value chain development, and partnership management.
• Experience in land and labor rights, nutrition, climate change and disaster risk reduction.
• Skill in organizing and conduct training, workshop, roundtable discussion, etc.
• Experience in research, advocacy and community mobilization.
• Knowledge on concept note development for fundraising will be added value for this position.
• Excellent in activity monitoring and reporting.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skill, problem solving skills, strong value based commitment to right based approach
• Good computer skills in MS Office.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bangla, including ability to present coherent and convincing messages to different audiences.
Please submit your application details with three pages CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be ” Project Manager ”. Only shortlisted candidate will be notified for the interview.