Job Description / Responsibility
• To assist the Finance & Admin Manager and oversee daily accounting operations in the hotel.
• To supervise daily accounting operations.
• To perform bank reconciliation and month-end reconciliation of all general ledger balances
• To prepare the trial balance and financial reports.
• To review and analyse all accounts before issuing final monthly financial statements.
• To supervise and control subordinates to discharge their duties in an effective and efficient manner.
• To ensure teamwork and efficient operation of the department through team spirit development.
• To supervise daily accounting operations.
• To prepare time tables for completing monthly reports and work schedules.
• To be responsible for preparation of the various monthly reports as required by Management.
• To perform a financial analysis on the monthly statements and report the results to the Finance Manager.
• To assist the Finance Manager in checking and investigating whether purchase requisitions fall in capital expenditure or expense budgets.
• To ensure sub-ledgers and supporting evidence are in order and properly maintained to support the General Ledger.
• To safeguard all contracts and agreements and to supervise the necessary accounting procedures and the preparation of accounting ledgers and summaries.
• To perform other duties as required by the Finance Manager.
• To review the daily revenue report prepared by the Income Auditor and to prepare the Income journal.
• To verify that journals and journal vouchers are properly recorded and accurate.
• To verify that the general ledger and sub-ledger postings are accurate, ensure that general ledger and sub-ledger balances correspond and all contract/clearance accounts are cleared at month-end.
• To manage prepaid and accrued expense monthly allocations and other allocated expense calculations and to ensure they are properly accounted for.
• To review the salary calculations and ensure that labor expenses are properly posted.
• To review the Monthly Food & Beverage Cost Controller`s Report and to verify the proper booking of the costs.
• To check a draft of monthly account statements, verifying that there are no errors or unrecorded amounts and to report to the Finance Manager.
• To verify that fixed assets are purchased according to the capital expenditure budget, that amounts are properly recorded and the fixed assets ledger completed.
• To verify that the computer system is operating smoothly and that all necessary accounting records are correctly prepared.
• To maintain close communication with the public auditors and to communicate instructions for the preparation of internal and external audits, preparing all necessary data and documents, in conjunction with the Finance Manager.
• To maintain a working knowledge of the accounting regulations of the region where the hotel is located.
• To verify the daily bank balances through review of the bank statements for all bank transactions and to prepare the bank reconciliation and credit card reconciliation to be submitted to the Finance Manager for approval.
• To verify the accuracy of the General Cashier report and that revenue receipts are daily deposited into the bank by the General Cashier.
• To perform monthly physical inspections for cash held by the cashiers (on a random basis) and to review daily cash balance lists from the General Cashier for cash on hand.
• To ensure that unused cheques and other bank forms are safely stored and that all measures are taken to protect cash on hand at any point of sale area and the General Cashier`s room.
• To verify the daily foreign exchange rates comply with and are advertised Regentding to the procedure.
• To prepare actual and estimated working capital schedules and to submit them to the Financial Controller.
• In regards to sales tax, consumption tax and payroll related taxes, to verify that amounts are promptly declared and paid on time.
• To ensure that all tax matters are treated in a proper manner and in compliance with related legislation.
• To follow up any tax changes and other legislation.
Masters or MBA in Accounting or CA/ CMA/ ACCA.
• 6 to 10 year(s)
• The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Accounts, Audit, Tax (VAT/ Customs Duty/ Income Tax)
• The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Additional Job Requirements
• Age 30 to 45 year(s)
• To check the workload for the Accounting department and assist the Finance Manager in setting and changing assignment of work in order to prevent overburdening one part of the staff with heavy workload.
• To manage the vacation schedule for the Accounting department, doing the necessary adjustments to prevent any trouble in the daily operation.
• To evaluate employee performance and make suggestion to the controller accordingly.
• To plan and organize training for the staff in areas of accounting and finance.
• Directly reports to the Finance Manager
• To be ready and responsible when assigned to perform any other duties as designated by higher management.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org