The Audit Officer position is located in the Project Head Quarter, Dhaka Office under Projects Internal Audit Department. The primary purpose of this position is to formulate, monitor, analyse, and review the Project`s expenditures; to determine whether organizational units in the organization are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, or control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policies and procedures, and in a manner consistent with both organization objectives and high standards of administrative practice. The Audit Officer assists the Internal Audit Team and the Project Management to strengthen internal controls & Compliance.
Job Description / Responsibility
• Review and check bills/vouchers/invoices, personnel & administrative files and other relevant documents of the reports on regular basis to ensure compliance to the financial guidelines
• Verify that the expenditures in line with the approved budget and related to project activities
• Provide feedback to the concerned Regions, Head office & Sub-Recipient and projects if there are deviations from the budget
• Ensure physical verification of inventory items purchased and relevant expenditure on test basis as applicable
• Review procurement process, review tender documents, bid summary, PO etc. on regular basis during concerned Region, Head office & Sub-Recipient Office visit
• Review and check the timely deduction and deposition of VAT and Tax by Head office, Regional Office & Sub-Recipient as per GOB law
• The Audit Officer may also visit the vendors, beneficiaries, stakeholders and project sites as deem appropriate for expenses certification
• Review and check the timely deduction and deposition of VAT and Tax by PHQ, Regional Office & Sub-Recipient as per GOB law
• Document any significant anomalies, non-compliances and internal control weakness on practices, procedures, documentations and book keeping as may come to his notice during review of books of accounts and related systems.
• Visit each assigned Cost Centers at least once in every month to accomplish the above stated functions
• Preparation and share field visit reports with the Audit Manager of USAID Agriculture Extension Support Activity Project
• Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
• Masters/ MBA in Accounting/ Finance or relevant field of study.
• Candidates having completed Chartered Accountancy course (CA-CC) is preferable.
• CMA Intermediate/partly passed is preferable.
• At least 2 year(s)
• Experience in auditing preferably within a national or international development organization/NGOs;
• Experience in Finance & Accounts, Financial monitoring and Grants monitoring of PNGOs or Sub recipients;
• 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience in professional auditing/accounting is preferable.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of professional auditing/accounting principles, theories, practices and terminology is required. A thorough knowledge of Tax & VAT laws, regulations and procedures governing USAID financial management and USAID’s project and programming policies and processes is desirable.
• Interpersonal communication skills and negotiation skills, Result driven, Ability to work on deadline, Good coordination skills, good facilitation skills, Good English and Bangla Communication skills, High level of integrity and sense of maintaining confidentiality
• Excellent computer (MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) operating skills, preferably with Accounting package-Tally ERP.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org