• Dalit/ Adibashi Rights, Empowerment and Access towards Mainstream (DREAM) Project.
• Job Location : Naogaon, Bogra and Joypurhat districts of Bangladesh, with frequent field visits.
• Reporting to : Executive Director
• Duration : The project period is four years. (Starting date is 1st January 2017 and end on December 31, 2020). Probationary period will be six month. After completion of that period she/he will be the regular staff of the project.
• Association for Rural cooperation (ARCO) is currently seeking a Manager Market Development for the HEKS-EPER supported DREAM project and also the capacity building of the organization on Market Development and VC activities. The overall goal of the project is improved living conditions of Dalits and Adibashi in the project area by ensuring their increased income and enhanced social inclusion and the objectives are improved productivity and access by capacity enhancement, to business services/inputs in selected value chains through development and upgrading by enhancing the dia-praxis between Dalits/Adibashi and mainstream community.
Job Description / Responsibility
• Designs, guidance and implements market facilitation strategies and interventions that impact the competitiveness, inclusiveness, and resilience of particular sub sector.
• Lead and initiate to providing the technical support to the actor-wise group to develop the business plan on specific sub-sector
• Conduct state of art market system and sector analysis to select new sector to design intervention
• Lead facilitation teams dedicated to specific value chains and/or market system interventions to promote increased competitiveness of market actors as well as improved and expanded products, services, and market access targeted producers.
• Facilitates the development and expansion of relationships among buyers, input suppliers, producers, and other market actors involved in the livestock market chain.
• Acts as focal point for private and public sector actors in promoting value chain and market system development approaches especially PMSD approach.
• Identifies relevant market actors, assesses end markets, develops market maps, and identifies constraints, market-based solutions, and incentives to integrate producers into their value chains and commercial distribution networks.
• Assesses the feasibility and projected impact of proposed program initiatives in support of performance monitoring plan targets and overall strategic objectives.
• Contributes to the development of a culture of learning and adaptive programming that encourages the flow of information and reflection to maximize performance and continuous improvement.
• Facilitates and organizes cross-organization/company initiatives (exposure visits, training activities, etc.) that would benefit organizations/firms with similar interests and needs.
• Prepares intervention budgets and monitors operations throughout the year to ensure adherence to budgetary controls.
• Good knowledge of and experience with modern development issues, particularly in the areas of inclusive business and private sector led development.
• Support the capacity building of relevant staffs in the implementation and monitoring of the program activities through regular accompaniment (including coaching and mentoring).
A Master’s degree in business development/studies, economics, agriculture economics, agriculture, community development or related discipline is required.
• At least 7 year(s)
• Age At most 45 year(s)
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in market systems development including working in the private sector or supporting private enterprise, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous working experiences with PMSD or M4P approach and plain land Adibashi/Dalit community’s areas are highly preferred.
• Confirmed experience in program design and management positions.
• Demonstrated understanding of market systems frameworks and facilitation strategies. Extensive experience analyzing and understanding market system dynamics and designing market system intervention strategies.
• Proven ability to work with and motivate private- and public-sector actors.
• Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
• Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
• Advanced computer skills in a Windows based environment including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Confirmed ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with donors, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization.
• Proven ability to prepare and conduct formal presentations, and to organize conferences, seminars, workshops, trainings, and study tours.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
• Willingness to field travel 70% of the time.
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
Apply with a complete resume with contact telephone number and a copy of a recent passport size photograph. Applications should be sent to: The Executive Director, ARCO, In front of SR counter, Dhaka Bus stand, Per Naogaon, Naogaon and E-mail: email@example.com by 5:00 PM 16.11. 2016.
To be considered please write the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ARCO is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ARCO will never solicit a payment from any applicant.