Job Description / Responsibility
• Contract Status: Open contract
• About the role:
• Christian Aid is seeking a motivated Senior Programme Funding Officer to join its Bangladesh and Programme Funding Asia Team in Dhaka. The national level position will support Christian Aid’s work on institutional donor grants in the area of humanitarian assistance, DRR, livelihoods and social enterprise.
• The Senior Programme Funding Officer will work with Bangladesh and Programme Funding Asia Teams team to mobilise, manage and monitor donors supported projects in these areas. The role also involves developing local partners’ capacities on proposal and report writing for donor projects. The successful candidate will also be involved in researching of new donor funding opportunities from institutional donors, trusts and foundations and private sector partnerships
• The position offers excellent professional growth and career development potential in the area of programme funding and programme support.
University degree or equivalent, preferably in a development-related discipline;
Additional Job Requirements
• Candidates need to have an university degree or equivalent, preferably in a development-related discipline; fundraising experience including proposal and report writing for donors; experience of monitoring and reporting on projects; ideally with some social enterprise engagement, written and verbal fluency in English; knowledge of development and humanitarian issues in Bangladesh.
• Competency Questions:
• Please show your suitability for this post by giving answers to the following questions. Using the guidance notes may help you formulate your answers.
• Building partnerships:
• Tell us about a time when you had to develop working relationships with different individuals or other organisations to further your own organisation’s goals
• Deliver Results:
• Please tell us about a time when you adapted or amended your original decision because it did not produce the expected or desired result?
• Strive for improvement:
• Tell us about a time when you evaluated both the benefits and risks to your team, department or organisation of implementing a new idea or way of working and paid particular attention to ways of reducing risk
• Further information:
• This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
• We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
• You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Please note CVs will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by November 15, 2016 please assume your application was unsuccessful.
How to Apply:
To apply for this post and download detailed role profile logon here or https://jobs.christianaid.org.uk/vacancy/senior-programme-funding-offcier-asia-0902/920/description/ and complete the online application.
For queries related to the role and online applications please contact us on: email@example.com
Christian Aid values diversity and aspires to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of caste, race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We encourage applications from socially excluded communities, ie SC, ST, religious minorities, people living with disabilities and especially women candidates to apply.
Applicants who applied earlier don’t need to apply again.
Application Deadline : Sep 28, 2016