• Skills and Employment Programme Bangladesh (SEP-B), branded as Sudokkho, is a 5-year programme funded by UKaid and Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). The programme is implemented by Palladium, in consortium with Swisscontact and the British Council. It stimulates the private sector to deliver vocational skills training sustainably and at scale. Swisscontact invites applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
• Industry Based Training Coordinator – Construction
• Location: Dhaka with regular field work at locations of (potential) partner organisations and other stakeholders of Sudokkho.
• Duration: Till March 2019
• Reports To: Construction Sector Lead
• Working Conditions and Environment: This will be according to the Swisscontact Employee Manual.
Job Description / Responsibility
• Chief responsibility of the IBT Coordinator is to identify, conceptualise and pilot skills development projects that are owned and managed by the construction industry.
• Key duties and tasks of the IBT Coordinator are the following:
• Network among various stakeholders among the construction industry and identify possible IBT project concepts aligned with Sudokkho’s “Industry Based Training (IBT) – Development and Assessment Process” approach.
• Assist potential IBT partner organisations in the formulation of concept notes for IBT projects in the construction sector, including the development of a draft “training model” and draft “results chain”.
• Support the Sudokkho Team Leader in presenting the IBT concept notes to the IBT Appraisal Committee.
• In cooperation with Sudokkho’s “Operations and Contracts Team” and where applicable for the IBT project implementation, support the engagement of national and/or international “Training Consultancy Service Providers”
• With support of construction sector team contribute to the development, piloting and implementation of the IBT projects.
• Capture lessons learnt and formulate sector-wide upscaling for the construction industries in Bangladesh.
• Furthermore, the following general duties and tasks apply:
• Research and development: Conduct research and support the project in data processing and analyses and design strategies pertaining to training market systems, specifically in the construction sector.
• Gender and social inclusion: Ensure that within the assigned duties and tasks the Sudokkho Gender and Social Inclusion Strategy is fully applied, and where relevant seek cooperation with the Sudokkho Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor.
• Communications: In consultation with the Sudokkho Communications Advisor roll-out of the Sudokkho communication strategy to outreach to different stakeholder groups, including community awareness and marketing.
• Monitoring and results management: Participate in Sudokkho planning and monitoring meetings where relevant. Prepare and agree on overall personal annual targets and key performance indicators as well as intermittent targets for specific tasks, and apply Sudokkho’s activity planning system.
• Reporting: Where relevant, prepare field visit reports as per Sudokkho format, prepare periodic progress reports and contribute to communication materials.
• Other: During the scope of implementation of Sudokkho, additional tasks may emerge for which the programme takes responsibility; If the Training Coordinator is considered suitable among the entire programme staff for taking up these tasks, and if workload permits, the Team Leader in consultation with his/her direct superior may assign these additional tasks.
• Key Performance Indicators:
• Meeting all targets as agreed upon in the individual detailed work plan.
• Compliance with all planning, monitoring, results measurement and reporting tasks.
• Compliance with the Sudokkho Gender and Social Inclusion Strategy.
• Compliance with the Sudokkho Communication Strategy and branding guidelines.
• Compliance with the guidelines of the Sudokkho operational manual.
A Master’s degree in economics, business, development or technical studies;
• At least 10 year(s)
• It is of chief importance that the candidate has an entrepreneurial background with demonstrated partnership brokering experience, especially with private sector entities and dealing with public agencies;
• He/she should have experience with donor-financed development cooperation projects, specifically with projects that are engaged in market system development;
• He/she should be familiar with the dynamics of the construction sector in Bangladesh, i.e. how it is organised, how it operates and how the sector employs people; and
• It will be an advantage when the candidate has experience in working with skills development / training systems
• Have at least 10 years’ of working experience;
• Proven excellent proficiency in MS Office (particularly Word and Excel);
• Excellent communication in English and Bangla; and
• Strong analytical and organisational skills, and proven reporting skills.
Detailed terms of reference and application form can be downloaded from our website www.swisscontact.org/southasia. Please email your application along with a cover letter (elaborating your competencies that you think make you a suitable candidate for the position and expected salary) to email@example.com. You can also submit your application at Swisscontact, South Asia Regional Office (SARO), House 19, Road 11, Baridhara, Dhaka 1212 addressed to Head of Operations. Please mention Name of the Position applied for in the ‘subject’ line of your email or on top of the envelope. Applications must be submitted on or before 20 May 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application Deadline : May 20, 2017