Job Description / Responsibility
• Location: Bangladesh
• Department: Agriculture & Enterprise
• Reports To: Senior Director of Agriculture & Enterprise
• POSITION SUMMARY:
• Winrock International is currently recruiting Chief of Party candidates for the anticipated Feed the Future Bangladesh Aquaculture and Nutrition Activity. This will be a multi-year, $24.5 million project contributing to improved rural household income and nutrition by increasing aquaculture productivity, strengthening the aquaculture value chain and improving the awareness and adoption of nutrition-related behaviors of rural households. The project will take a market-focused, private sector-led approach that will ensure the sustainability of the activity beyond the cessation of donor funding. This approach involves developing the capacity of private sector actors such as hatchery owners, nursery owners, fish fingerling hawkers, and feed dealers so that they are able to continue to develop the capacity of farmers following the end of the project. The Chief of Party position will be based in Bangladesh and is subject to a project award being made to Winrock International.
• MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Chief of Party will provide overall technical and operational direction to the project.
• He/she will be responsible for developing and leading the project`s market-focused and private sector-led approach.
• This will include fostering commercially driven partnerships with private sector actors, designing initiatives to incentivize investment in sustainable sourcing, and facilitating the commercialization and uptake of new technologies.
• The COP will also provide capacity building to project staff and partners in market systems and facilitation.
• The COP will also oversee project management systems for finance and administration, logistics, human resources and strategic operation.
• S/he will ensure the completion of time reports, evaluation, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet USAID quality control/assurance standards and provide hands-on guidance and support to project activities and personnel.
Advanced degree in business, finance, agribusiness, aquaculture, agricultural economics or related field.
At least 15 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
• Minimum of 15 years of progressively senior experience managing USAID funded market-systems/value chain projects;
• Minimum 5 years experience as a USAID Chief of Party on an equivalently size contract or cooperative agreement ($15 million and above);
• Demonstrated experience implementing aquaculture/fisheries activities;
• Experience within or specific to Bangladesh is strongly preferred.
• Proven record of achieving development impact in projects focusing on food safety and export quality standards in commercial agribusiness, service provision, market development and investment promotion.
• Skills & Knowledge:
• Demonstrated experience and leadership in the formation of market linkages, supply of technical assistance and inputs to smallholder producers, creating producer-market linkages, public-private partnerships and corresponding business/investment plans
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Excellent budget management skills for large, complex projects
Send your CV to email@example.com