Job Description / Responsibility
• Location: Based in Dhaka with travel to AIP’s working areas in 19 southern districts of Bangladesh
• Job Nature and Duration: Full Time Basis, up to September 30, 2017
• Reports to: AIRN Capacity Building Director
• About AIP: CNFA implements the five year, $14.2 million USAID-funded Agro-Inputs Project (AIP) in Bangladesh. The objective of AIP is to improve the supply of quality agro-inputs through retailers. By September 2017, CNFA will deliver training on improved inputs and related services to a network of 3,000 agro-input retailers (AIRN), serving over 1 million smallholders, impacting more than 5 million individuals, and generating more than $100 million in sales.
• Overall Purpose: Under the overall guidance and supervision of the AIRN Capacity Building Director, AIRN Program Officer will be responsible for providing support to AIRN and working closely with the AIRN retailers. This position is also expected to provide backstopping support to activities aimed at making AIRN a sustainable organization. S/he will also be required to ensure that all the operations are going as planned.
• Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support AIRN to hold capacity building workshops, board meetings and any other meetings as per requirement
• Support the AIRN Capacity Building Director with day-to-day work
• Assist with capacity building of the two associations AIP closely works with – BFA and BCPA
• Help other consultants to meet expectations and follow up on their activities
• Support AIRN to prepare briefing notes, reports, presentations and follow up on invitations and outreach meetings
• Support building new partnerships for AIRN, both with companies and other development projects
• Provide necessary logical support when required
• Contribute to the modification of AIRN website
• Provide follow up support to existing and upcoming activities, as designated
Bachelors’ Degree in a relevant field (Business, Economics, Agricultural Economics, International Relations, International Development etc.) required.
Additional Job Requirements
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and clear, concise written communication skills required;
• Excellent writing skills required;
• Outstanding organization skills with a high level of attention to detail;
• Ability to manage composure and flexibility under tight deadlines, and collaborative approach to facilitating communications between various stakeholders including AIP, AIRN and private companies;
• Ability to engage with organizations and individuals from various cross-cultural contexts;
• Ability to work independently and a self-starting work style;
• MS Word and PowerPoint proficiency required;
• Experience in the agro-input sector is preferred.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interviews.
Note: Job advertisement will also be available at www.aipbd.org
Application Deadline : Sep 24, 2016