Child Welfare Program is one of the core programs of Islamic Relief, Bangladesh. Under this program Islamic Relief Bangladesh is sponsoring about 4573 children countrywide through its One-to-One Sponsorship Program. Integrated Development Approach for Sponsored Orphans (IDASO) is a major component of the One to One Sponsorship program. The program was undertaken with an aim to develop orphans living with their mothers. IDASO has four major components which are Life Skills Education (LSE), Enhanced Health Care (EHC), Scouting and Cultural Forum (SCF) and Support for Small Enterprise (SSE). The Assistant Field Officer position will work under the direct supervision of Program Officer & will posted at Pangsha-rajbari up to December 31, 2017 renewable subject to employee work performance & fund availability. S/he will be overall responsible for Project Implementation and Management Planning, Advocacy & Communication, Reporting related Task.
Job Description / Responsibility
• Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual action plan
• Project Implementation and Management-70%
• Make functional of SHGs and Apex body for orphan’s mother
• Introducing group led saving, small loan and quad al hasana.
• Ensure health check up for orphans and their family members through government health service provider
• Arrange awareness sessions for mothers to increase nutritional practices through mother group
• Ensure mother group meeting twice in a month
• Regular school visits for ensuring orphans presence in the school.
• Regular meeting with school teacher/SMC
• Taking part in awareness meeting with the guardian through Mother Group
• Observance of different national and international day at field level
• Organize mother and children re-union program at field level
• Taking part in house construction and Wash related activities for the orphan family
• Make functional of child clubs and child led networks
• Ensure business plan is in place for HHs level and individual 14+ orphans
• Increase the coverage of sponsorship per annum as per Field Office target and prepare bio data including photo of the child
• Ensure 100% enrolment in educational institutes
• Create access to quality education for orphan
• Skill and vocational training for the adolescent orphan children (16+)
• Caregivers and duty bearers are aware on orphan and vulnerable children to establish safe and protective environment for children.
• Household visit of sponsored children quarterly
• Take initiatives to arrange counseling session for the public examinee
• Collection of post sponsorship children data once in a year
• Progress of children’s well being data collected
• Collection of educational result card and documented
• Collect reply of donor letter from children
• Ensure all documents of orphan’s personal file
• Advocacy & Communication-5%
• Do advocacy and networking (specially with the government) related department from where the benefit for orphans can be ensured
• Prepare monthly report, quarterly report, annual report of OCWP
• Collect most significant case studies
• Orphan Annual Progress Report, Drawing and greeting card collection and preparation & translate it where needed
Bachelor Degree in English, Development Studies, Economics, Sociology, Social Science or any other relevant discipline from any recognized & UGC approved university.
• At least 2 year(s)
• Minimum Two Years relevant experience in International or national NGO’s.
• Experience in working with Children.
• Experience in working with Livelihood, Education component Essential.
• Data collection and Data entry Skill.
• Facilitation Skill
• Capacity of frequent orphan household visit
• Mother group operation and savings collection Skill
• Working knowledge on Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
• Excellent spoken and written English language skills is essential.
• Willing to travel and work in the most remote areas of Bangladesh
• Must bear a valid driving license for motor bike and drive willingly at field level.
• Willing to adapt to IRW’s norms and values
• Supportive, effective and good team player
• Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure and manage workload effectively
• Good communication skills
• Report writing skills
• Problem solving skills
• Financial Management Skill.
If you feel that your qualification, exposure and experience matches with our requirements, and you are willing to commit to our values and are sympathetic to our beliefs then please download Application Form from our official website (islamicrelief.org.bd) and send the filled form to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date. Please mention only the ‘Position Name’ as the subject of e-mail.It is strictly advised not to send any other document unless specified above. Violation of the clause (Above Mentioned) will result into disqualification from the Selection process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test & Interview.Islamic Relief Bangladesh is an Equal Opportunity Employers