Job Description / Responsibility
• Job Location : Bandarban Sadar
• Reporting to : Manager – MCHN
• Duration : The project period is through September 2020; initial employment offer will be for one year. Estimated start date in November/December 2016.
• Scope of Work:
• The Technical Advisor, Eye Care and Tropical Diseases is responsible for the overall strategic vision, activity design, coordination and technical provision, training and linkages with GOB and service providers in all areas related to eye care and tropical diseases. This involves training and working closely with SAPLING’s maternal and child health and nutrition specialists, community health service workers, volunteers and GOB, clinics, hospitals and other key stakeholders. The position is based at Bandarban Hill District.
• Job Responsibilities:
• Provide strategic, technical, individual and Institutional capacity building support and supervision to the USAID- DFAP/SAPLING project at district, Upazila and community level in areas related to eye care and tropical diseases.
• Organize and provide capacity building for service providers, technical team, community health service workers, volunteers such as teachers and Khude Doctor/Students at school etc., on eye care and tropical diseases including outbreak, and identify the facilities best suited to provide the services, building their capacity (through direct technical assistance and creating linkages with other capable institutions) to provide those services.
• Develop training curriculum and materials related to eye care and tropical diseases.
• Maintain close communication and collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Non-Government/Private service providers at different levels.
• Liaise with the CHT and GoB institutions, NGOs & all other relevant stakeholders on a regular basis on the planning, implementation, documentation, monitoring and evaluation of activities at the district related to eye care and tropical diseases.
• Prepare work plans and budgets for the envisioned activities.
• Write monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
• Conduct or identify refractive error, cataracts and other types of eye issues that could result in surgery, and, in case of need, provide referrals and/or link potential patients with hospitals/clinics or Satellite/Eye camp that could provide the service.
• Undertake any other related assignments given by SAPLING Management
Bachelor in Medical Sciences, preferably with training on eye care and/or tropical health
• At least 5 year(s)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the design and oversight of healthcare programs and/or provision of medical services;
• Experience with the prevention and treatment of tropical diseases;
• Knowledge of eye care and eye health concerns;
• Proven leadership and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and independently to meet strict deadlines;
• Experience operating within a budget and analyzing financial needs of a program;
• Willingness to travel to project sites within upazilas, unions and villages/Paras;
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
• Excellent computer and internet skills are required.
• Fluency in English, Bangla.
• Fluency in at least one of the ethnic languages spoken in the Chittagong Hill Tracts is preferred.
Interested persons are requested to apply with a complete resume with contact telephone number and a copy of a recent passport size photograph. Applications should be sent to: The Head of HR at E-mail: Bangladesh-Recruitment@hki.org by October 29, 2016. Note: Please mention the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
‘Helen Keller International is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women and minorities candidates. The organization has a smoke free working environment.’
Application Deadline : Oct 29, 2016