Job Description / Responsibility
• 1) PRE-PRODUCTION MEETING (PM)
• Coordinate with CGS Production and Factory Production and quality teams for PPM scheduling.
• Review approved Pre-Production Sample (PPS) prior-to the meeting to prepare for discussions regarding construction, attributions, finishing, packaging and safety considerations.
• Be prepared to review any of the Carter?s specific procedures regarding snaps, embroidery, printing, and AQL.
• 2) SAMPLE EVALUATION
• Assist with review of any Carter?s product samples as time & schedule allow.
• Be familiar with all Carter?s systems information related to product development, packaging and BOM.
• Document clear notes on Carter?s sample cards for all parties to be aware of and use as reference during bulk, as applicable.
• Sign and date on reviewed samples as applicable. This will not be able to do in all sample cases.
• Sample involvement can be any of the several Carter?s program requirements : Development / Market / PPS / fit / TOP / shipment reference, and others as may be required over time.
• 3) IN – LINE PRODUCT AUDIT
• Conduct product audits on bulk garments at selected stages of production.
• Select representative garments that cover style, size, attribution and safety aspects.
• Document findings and review with factory quality and production staff to clarify any product questions.
• Seek confirmation from applicable Carter?s sources for any considerations not able to be clarified in the field.
• For poor in-line audit results either schedule more observations or conduct verbal review of actions taken.
• Involve other CGS QA resources as required to discuss lessons-learned related to product issues found in-line.
• 4) FINAL (AQL) SHIPMENT PRODUCT AUDIT
• Review factory audit scheduling requests to confirm schedule planning.
• Review applicable PO list summaries to confirm audit request correlation.
• Download applicable audit information in e-SPS system.
• Correctly execute CGS AQL audit procedures as outlined in Vendor Manual.
• Ensure that factory quality staff assist with audit preparation and execution.
• All observed defects are to be marked and set-aside as audit progresses.
• Both product-construction audit and packaging audit are to be completed; combined PO/line audits to be done as much as possible depending on factory production.
• Complete applicable final audit formats in e-SPS system (e-Quality) for all final audit results.
• Ensure same-day notification of any Failed audit to designated CGS management.
• Direct factory Production and Quality staff to begin 100% re-screen of shipment for any Failed final audit.
• Conduct applicable AQL re-audits once factory completes all preparations and properly schedules.
• 5) COROLLARY ACTIVITIES
• In selected cases assist CGS Production teams with verification of PO/Line production and shipment status.
• Assist with completion of monthly by-factory CSR one-page checklist.
• Assist on as-needed basis with new factory QQA audit.
• Participate in continuous training of factory Certified Auditors (CA?s), as applicable.
• Conduct correlation final audits for factory Certified Auditors (CA?s), as applicable.
• Hand-select bulk garments in the factory for any special purpose as identified by CGS Management.
• Review and respond to e-mails that impact respective PO/Lines or factories covered.
• Report important observations or changes to factory situations regarding management, customer base, equipment investments, capacity expansion, etc.
• Be flexible to meet assignments and travel requirements to support CGS Quality Objectives.
• Diploma or above
• Garment/ textile academic background in advantage
• At least 5 year(s)
• The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Merchandising, Production, Quality Control/Audit, Inspection, Textile Engineering
• The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Buying House, Garments, Garments Accessories, Manufacturing (FMCG), Multinational Companies, Overseas Companies, Textile
• Knowledge of computer /word/excel/ esps – advantage.
• Good spoken and reading English
• Willing to travel within the country
• With at least 3 years? experience leading a group of QA working control with kids wear experience.
Interested parties please send your application and resume, stating Current/Expected salary & Availability by email to Recruit.HK@carters.com. We offer competitive remuneration package with excellent career prospect to the successful candidate. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified. Information collected will be used for recruitment purpose only